Our speakers are: Binalakshmi “Bina” Nepram, an indigenous scholar and a woman human rights defender; Chloé Meulewaeter, collaborator of the Centre Delàs of Peace Studies and a PhD student in Peace Culture; and Arielle Denis, former campaign Director for the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN) for Europe, Middle East and Africa, and consultant for for the International Peace Bureau (IPB).
The webinar – presented in partnership with the International Peace Bureau (IPB) – will highlight key issues for peace and disarmament, as well as present and discuss campaigns and the peace movement to foster a more peaceful world. Furthermore, possibilities of engagement and personal action in the presented fields will be introduced and discussed.
About Leading By Example’s Online Peace Education:
The Permanent Secretariat of the World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates, in partnership with the Gandhi King Foundation (India), more than six leading universities in India, and more than ten partner universities from across the globe, is launching a series of exclusive webinars on peacemaking. These international webinars on peace, leadership, human rights and sustainability form an integral part of the Permanent Secretariat’s educational course “Leading by Example” and are aimed at students, youth leaders and activists.
What does the course consist of?
- 12 webinars on topics linked to Human Rights, Nonviolence and Conflict Resolution, Leadership and the SDGs;
- Each webinar will be dedicated to a specific topic;
- Academic partners of the Permanent Secretariat, as well Nobel Peace Laureate institutions, will participate in webinars;
- Youth Leaders from around the globe will be invited to take part in the webinars, and provide good examples of Peace Activism;
- After the course, all students will receive a certificate as confirmation of their participation in the online course.