The Permanent Secretariat of the World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates, in partnership with the Gandhi King Foundation (India), more than six leading universities in India, and more than ten partner universities from across the globe, is launching a series of exclusive webinars on peacemaking. These international webinars on peace, leadership, human rights and sustainability form an integral part of the Permanent Secretariat’s educational course “Leading by Example” and are aimed at students, youth leaders and activists.
What does the course consist of?
- 12 webinars on topics linked to Human Rights, Nonviolence and Conflict Resolution, Leadership and the SDGs;
- Each webinar will be dedicated to a specific topic;
- Academic partners of the Permanent Secretariat, as well Nobel Peace Laureate institutions, will participate in webinars;
- Youth Leaders from around the globe will be invited to take part in the webinars, and provide good examples of Peace Activism;
- After the course, all students will receive a certificate as confirmation of their participation in the online course.
The first webinar* in the series will take place on Thursday, 29 October 2020.
Time: 08:00 UTC
Time: 19:00 UTC
*the two time slots offer the same content to accommodate students in various time zones
Our speaker, Charles Allen, is the Director of Partnerships at the Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP), and the webinar topic is: “Building Positive Peace”.
Students will have the opportunity to learn how communities and countries can be strengthened through improving Positive Peace, and how to use it to make your community more resilient, cohesive and environmentally sound.