Transforming our food systems for a healthier, more sustainable, inclusive, and peaceful future…
In this webinar we will explore the connections between food and peace. The webinar will be structured in three parts. In the first part we will learn about the work and impact of the World Food Program (WFP), the 2020 recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize.
By looking at the Program’s activities and areas of focus, we will explore the connections between food and peace. In the second part will discuss one of society’s most pressing challenges: transforming our current food systems to make them healthier, more sustainable, and inclusive.
In the closing part of the webinar, we will examine how peacemaking skills can be applied to the challenge of transforming our food systems, which in turn is an essential condition for a prosperous and peaceful future
Date: Thursday, 10 December 2020
Time: 15:00 UTC
About Leading By Example’s Online Peace Education:
The Permanent Secretariat of the World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates, in partnership with the Gandhi King Foundation (India), more than six leading universities in India, and more than ten partner universities from across the globe, is launching a series of exclusive webinars on peacemaking. These international webinars on peace, leadership, human rights and sustainability form an integral part of the Permanent Secretariat’s educational course “Leading by Example” and are aimed at students, youth leaders and activists.
What does the course consist of?
- 12 webinars on topics linked to Human Rights, Nonviolence and Conflict Resolution, Leadership and the SDGs;
- Each webinar will be dedicated to a specific topic;
- Academic partners of the Permanent Secretariat, as well Nobel Peace Laureate institutions, will participate in webinars;
- Youth Leaders from around the globe will be invited to take part in the webinars, and provide good examples of Peace Activism;
- After the course, all students will receive a certificate as confirmation of their participation in the online course.