YOUTH STARTUPS FOR PEACE
Merida, 8th September 2023- The Permanent Secretariat of the World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates (PERMSEC), in cooperation with La Jornada de Derechos Humanos A.C. launches the “Youth Startups for Peace”, a project to foster youth initiatives and social entrepreneurship in Mexico (in the states of Yucatan and Quintana Roo). This ambitious project falls into “Leading by Example” curriculum of the the PermSec, which offers projects and training to engage and motivate young people on real global issues and to encourage humanitarian and nonviolent thinking.
Social and youth initiatives, including sports activities, help to realise the most important social mission: to foster positive transformation processes in our society and to form “positive communities” in different parts of the world where young people are not vulnerable to drugs, alcohol and violence and discrimination.
The aim of the project is to foster youth initiatives and social entrepreneurship in Mexico (in the states of Yucatan and Quintana Roo) by involving some 20 universities as official academic partners of the Permanent Secretariat of the World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates (PERMSEC).
A startup campaign will be launched in the region for the best social project among students from 20 universities in Mexico and the best youth social project, including sports initiatives, will be awarded and supported by the official sponsor of PERMSEC, the “Krea Vitae Foundation.”
The Project will be realised by PERMSEC in cooperation with La Jornada de Derechos Humanos A.C. as official partner of PERMSEC in the city of Merida and Cancun.
Promoters of the call for proposals
- The Permanent Secretariat of the World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates and its Official Youth Program “Leading by Example”.
- Krea Vitae Foundation
- Jornada de Derechos Humanos A.C. as official academic partner of PERMSEC and the Official Youth Program of the Summit “Leading by Example”.
- Nearly 20 universities in Mexico as official academic participants of PERMSEC and the Leading by Example Programme.
- Municipality of Merida (Mexico)
- City Council of Benito Juarez, Quintana Roo
Important dates of the call:
- September – November 2023 – Call for applications from young people describing their start-up enterprises.
- November 2023 – announcement of the winner
- December 2023 – May 2024 – implementation of the project in communities in the region.
- $10,000 USD Seed capital for the best project in Merida.
- $10,000 USD seed capital for the best project in Cancún
- Participation in the next World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates through the organisation of their workshop showcasing the results and achievements of the project at a global level.
The World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates was created by late Nobel Peace Laureate, Mikhail Gorbachev in 1999 with clear objectives to contribute to world peace through Nobel Peace Prize winners. It has been, for 20+ years, a meeting point for social, business and political leaders, as well as members of civil society who wish to participate in the peace-building process. Today it is one of the most relevant and renowned events related to the construction of peace and the search for tools to end warfare, foster disarmament and promote world reconciliation. The first World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates took place in Rome, Italy in 1999. The Summit has been hosted by landmark cities for world peace, such as Rome, Paris, Berlin, Hiroshima, Warsaw, Chicago, Bogota, Merida, Barcelona and Gangwon Province.
“Leading by Example” program was founded in 2012 for local and international students that get to interact with Nobel Peace Laureates and other inspiring speakers through diverse workshops and activities.
Krea Vitae Foundation was created in 2021 and is based in Warsaw and aims at supporting philanthropic and educational projects. Its activity is based on the direct care of children and youth, supporting their physical and mental development, stimulating their interests and helping them to enter adulthood. Based on dialogue and mutual respect, the foundation contibutes to build a better world for future generations to live in peace and prosperity. They directly help children and youth through various scholarship programs and financing education tailored to the child’s preferences and predispositions, preparing them for entering adulthood and future professional work. By organizing events, seminars and conferences aimed at raising awareness of the problems faced by the young generation, they want to support indirect actions leading to the improvement of living conditions and implementation of new solutions in the teaching process.